パラレル シャルロット [ニュージーランド]
CHARLOTTE PARALLEL [NEW ZEALAND]
Charlotte Parallel is a New Zealand based artist working in the fields of sculpture, sound installation, collaboration and performance. Parallel completed her Master of Fine Arts at Dunedin School of Art in 2016. Since this time, she has been exhibiting consistently to further her interests in sonic cartography, often choosing to respond to site in a temporal way, where sound is the means of directing attention to the active forces of a place. Especially the ways in which, through our capacity as a transducer, we exist in a continuum of, and specific concentration within, the electromagnetic field.
Since 2003 Dunedin has been the home base for Charlotte Parallels artistic activity which includes a range of curatorial and community initiated collaborative art projects. From 2010 specifically with The Anteroom, a project art space based in Port Chalmers. The Anteroom is an artist run space committed to representing experimental projects with a national and international network of exhibiting artists.
- Flat Earthers/Unpleasant truths/comfortable lies, a group show curated by Raweyn Atkinson and John Lake
- ATM Audio Foundation, Auckland
Deep Time FOUR curated by Lauren Gutsell. A group show at the Dunedin Public Art Gallery, Dunedin
AWA HQ a collaboration by Angela Lyon, Aroha Novak and Charlotte Parallel, an Environment Envoy project based on the Toitū stream.
- When do the trees sleep? Art Asia NZ Artist in Residence at Instinc Gallery, Singapore website
- Waves and bodies in waves in bodies, B.Y.O Battery, Winter residency at the Blue Oyster Art Project Space
- Data Processing System- a sonic cartography of Venice, Jump into the Unknown a Nine Dragon Heads project as part of the the 56th Venice Biennale Official Collateral Events. Held at the Palazzo Loredan dell'Ambasciatore, Dorsoduro 1261, 1262, Venice
- Monogenetic field, Sculpture on the Shore curated by Rob Garrett, Fort Takapuna, Auckland.
- Island within an Island, The 3rd International Contemporary Exhibition at Art Islands in Tokyo, Oshima HabuMinato and NiijimaHonson.
- Weight +1, performance and exhibitor with Nine Dragon Heads at the Sarajevo Winter Festival, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Qubit a weekend of Contemporary Performance Art. Curated by Sandra Muller and Charlotte Parallel. The Anteroom, Port Chalmers.
- The Death of Pink, Artisterium, 3rd Tbilisi International Contemporary Art Exhibition and Art Events, Georgia.
Site Specific Work Using Grass
Nii-jima Island, Art IslandsTokyo 2013
Data Processing System2016
photo by Ted Whitaker
Deep Time, Courtesy of Dunedin Public Art Gallery 2018
Photographer Iain Frengley